IPLA History

Here is a look back at how it all started

The Insurance Women of Los Angles (IWLA) was initially formed in 1928 as The Insurance Girls Service Club of Southern California with the purpose of securing jobs for personnel in the Insurance industry. In 1941, IWLA was one of the initial 19 associations to become part of the National Association of Insurance Women, International ( NAIW.)

The NAIW became the International Association of Insurance Professionls (IAIP) in 2011. Following suit, the IWLA changed its name to Insurance Professionals of Los Angeles (IPLA).

History of NAIW (now IAIP)


Newsletter by IPLA

Top of Page